Operations & Training
Major Kyle Kirschenmann
Regiment Operations & Training Officer
In summary, the S3 has staff responsibility for planning the operations,
and training as directed by the commander. The S3 works closely with
the XO to accomplish his or her mission. The S3 writes operational
directives and plans and writes tactical orders, field training exercises,
and training schedules. The S3 prepares courses of action
and recommends actions or decisions to the regiment commander for the
accomplishment of the mission.
As the S3 is concerned with planning, training, control,
and supervision of operations, his or her duties include:
- Plans, controls, and executes
mission operations from regiment through battalion level.
detailed plans which support execution of policies
- Determines training needs of the 3rd Regiment and prepares
and supervises training to support those needs.
- Establishes policies
and standards for
unit readiness and supervises unit efforts to meet readiness standards.
- Establishes the composition of
plans, from the fiscally constrained force to the resourced force
- Documents the force and makes recommendations concerning
the Tables(s) of organization and Equipment (TO&E).
- Is the TNSG expert in the “how to” of
training, as well as development and management of training functions.
- Prepares and reviews operations and concept
plans to include simulation exercises.
- Establishes and monitors policy and standards for unit
concerned with the execution of operations, plans, and
training in support of assigned missions.